Thursday, February 24, 2005

Tangled Bank Request for Articles

Do you like reading high quality science writing? Do you enjoy writing about medicine so the public actually understands what the heck you are talking about? Is there an environmental injustice occurring that makes you want to scream aloud in frustration? If so, then Tangled Bank is looking for you! Tangled Bank is a Blog Carnival that is seeking submissions of (recent) blogged articles that discuss topics affecting the natural world. As such, the guidelines as to what is appropriate subject material are very broad. As your next host of Tangled Bank, I have two goals for all of you, dear readers; I wish to provide you with access to the best and most provocative blog writing concerning science, medicine and the environment, and I wish to expose individual writers to a larger audience for their work than they have previously enjoyed.

In an effort to please regular readers of Tangled Bank as well as to satisfy my own readers, I am working on several articles of my own for this next issue that I hope you all will enjoy. But I cannot do this alone, I need your help. As you know, Tangled Bank is a collaborative blog writing effort. Each issue presents links to articles and essays written by individuals in the sciences, medicine and the environment, as well as articles and essays written by people in other fields who think and write about these topics. Every two weeks, an individual blogger volunteers to host the current issue of this blog carnival. This host presents and publishes links to blogged articles so the public can read and comment on them. My issue of Tangled Bank will be published on 9 March 2005.

Please read the current issue or past issues of Tangled Bank to appreciate the quality and the magnitude of topics presented. As you will see, essays range from personal to scholarly, but they all represent topics that each author finds interesting and thinks you might be interested to read and learn about them, too.

As an aside, I have noticed that there are more male bloggers than female, and this population bias is magnified among Tangled Bank authors. I have also noticed that there is a huge bias of American versus "non-American" authors in Tangled Bank. I wish to help change these statistics by strongly encouraging women and "non-Americans" to add their insights to "my" issue of Tangled Bank. (Of course, everyone's articles are most welcomed by me!)


Article Submissions: email links to your submission(s) to host@tangledbank.net by 8 March 2005. Because I wish to encourage "new faces", please let me know if this is the first time you've submitted an article to Tangled Bank and maybe I'll place a little gold star next to your article. I am looking forward to reading your articles and to putting together this next issue. Help me make "my issue" of Tangled Bank a smashing success.

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

0 Peer Reviews:

Post a Comment

<< Home