Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Hallowe'en



Since tonight is Hallowe'en, I thought I'd share my story about last year's Hallowe'en adventure in lovely NYC! I was tempted to repeat this adventure tonight because it was so fun last year and the music was so spectacular, but alas, I am trapped here at the little school on the hill and cannot make it to the cathedral in time for tonight's performance.

I also would like to tell you that an essay that I wrote was linked by the 101st issue of the BestOfMeSymphony (BOMS), a blog carnival that keeps good older blogged pieces in circulation by linking to them. As such, all submissions for this blog carnival must be at least two months old. My particular submission, Dead Birds Do Tell Tales, is more than one year old and was originally published as a "little vignette" in email to my Seattle pals, but it was then published in the print media, and then later, after I started this blog, it was published here. As I read some of the articles in this week's BOMS, I noticed this one, Bloggers: The New Pamphleteers, which might give you some food for thought regarding the role of blogging in society. BOMS was published this morning, so be sure to stop to read the linked essays there.

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

2 Peer Reviews:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pumpkin did you carve it?
~A

11:02 PM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

Anonymous; yes, it is an amazing pumpkin carving, but unfortunately, I am not the artist.

GrrlScientist

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home