Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Keywords: Evolution, Writing, Science, Creative



My pal, Dave, announced that the e-zine he edits, Science Creative Quarterly, is sponsoring a writing contest that you might enjoy. As you might know, SCQ's primary goal is to bridge that artificial chasm that exists between the scientific and creative communities. As part of that effort, SCQ is seeking your creative pieces about evolution. But they need more entries by the deadline on 28 November. The prize? Stephen Jay Gould's magnificent tome, The Structure of Evolutionary Theory. Just imagine this book on your shelf, this evolution book is thicker than the bible, and it contains more facts, too! I realize that most of you, dear readers, already own a copy or two of this book, but I don't, although I have specifically targeted this book to add to my personal library by the end of this year. Needless to say, I hope I can find the time to collect my thoughts and write something worthy of winning this contest because I want to buy toys for my parrots with the money I save!

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

0 Peer Reviews:

Post a Comment

<< Home