Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Tangled Bank Request for Articles

There's only one more week before "my issue" of Tangled Bank is published and "my issue" is off to a good start! Already, I have several nice articles that I am very excited to share with you, dear readers, and I hope that more are on the way (and more are on the way, riiiight?). So if you have written an essay or article about science, medicine or the environment that is published on your blog, please send the link to me by 8 March so I can list it in Tangled Bank! We are lacking in natural history and environment articles right now, so if you are entertaining the idea of submitting something in those genres, please send it to me! There might be a little birdie or other small beastie placed next to your submission!

I do not want to miss anyone's articles, especially not due to hyperactive spamguards, so I respond to everyone who sends me a link within a day or less. If you sent me a link and I have not responded to you, please re-send your submission.

For those of you who don't know, Tangled Bank is a "blog carnival" (basically, a free web magazine) that celebrates the best blogged writing in science, medicine and the environment by providing links so the public can enjoy them. Anyone with good ideas and who has the desire to write coherently about these ideas is welcome to send a link to me by 8 march 2005 so I can include it in the upcoming issue of Tangled Bank, which is due to be published bright and early on 9 March, 2005.

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

1 Peer Reviews:

Blogger GrrlScientist said...

Hello George Thompson! I am surprised to find this comment here, but hey, you gave me a little challenge that I was able to meet (the search for your comment, I mean).

Yes, I agree with you about invasive species. Even though I am an animal lover, I am deeply concerned about the tremendous amount of damage that feral cats and dogs are causing to the environment and to native species. I have found that when I suggest to people then they keep their cats indoors and their dogs fenced, they think I am "one of those crazy animal rightists" when in fact, I simply wish to preserve the lives of native wild animals while simultaneously lengthening the lives of domestic animals. I wish people would not be so militant about their pets and would recognize the damage their free-roaming animals cause.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home