Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Haiku Happiness

Okay, I am feeling happier by the minute because I am almost done grading final exams! To reward myself for my hard work, I decided to borrow an idea from Dharma Bums, who are some of the bestest peeps on earth, peeps whom I would hang out with on a regular basis if they only lived 3,000 miles closer to me (or I, to them).

In this blog entry, Rexroth's Daughter reminded me of how much I love Haiku, and I think that all of you should love them, too. So in an effort to spread Haiku happiness, I am going to ask you all to respond to this blog entry with a Haiku. To get the ball rolling and to show you that I am not afraid to look silly in public, I'll share this (not very good, but fun to write) Haiku that I quickly scribbled in their comments section;


fierce living jewel
hummingbird hovering over
my open hand





tags:

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

6 Peer Reviews:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In honor of the end of your schoolyear:

Rustle of paper
Latte grows cold in the cup
A deadline to meet

9:07 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

at the end of day
crows fly to the willow tree
shadow on skylight

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May in New England
raining and blowing like March
Birds nest anyway.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Ok, I'm game.

Your ending of tasks
Hastens beginnings of new
Fresh wind smells green mint

5:09 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Solitary Egret


into brightness and shadow
feathers
sift sky's blue gap

breaking in a white ripple
height's slow progress
wavers

beyond tree’s blockade
leaves
shaking in the sun

6:44 PM  
Blogger Niobium said...

white orb hiding still
on dreary new hamsphire nights
cloudy wet no moon


(the second haiku I ever wrote)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home