Sunday, May 29, 2005

Ten Things I've Never Done Meme

BotanicalGirl, tagged me with this meme .. it took me awhile to respond because this past week has been the most hectic week I've experienced this entire year. Who would ever have thought that underemployment could be so demanding? Besides, I was (characteristically) trying to think of a clever answer. Finally, I gave up on the "clever" part of my answer because I realize that those neurons were sizzled by excessive stress. I hope they regenerate themselves for your sakes, dear readers.


Ten Things I Have Never Done;


1. eaten chocolate-covered ants

2. mist-netted a woodpecker

3. been to New Guinea, Australia, the Solomon Islands, Fiji or Tahiti (where my research birds live)

4. prepared an avian study skin

5. personally attended any of the Triple Crown horse races, although I have seen almost all of them on TV (since I was five years old or so)

6. owned a television

7. picked up a man at a bar or been picked up at a bar (but it is "Fleet Week" so Manhattan is swarming with thousands of gorgeous navy men in their dress whites .. maybe my courage and luck (lust?) will change?)

8. served on a jury (but I intend to write about it when I do)

9. gone subway surfing ("get IN the train, not on it!")

10. fallen out of a tree


tags: , ,

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

2 Peer Reviews:

Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Hmmm...I own a television, but for most of teh time it serves as a piece of furniture. ON rare occasions when it is ON, it serves as a monitor for the VCR.

I have not seen any of the US Triple Crown races in person, nor visited the racecourses on which the three races are run. I walked on the track of Epsom, though, on a non-racing day. And I have been a finish-line judge for several Yugoslav Triple Crown races over the years....

The other eight - nope, I haven't done those things either.

1:20 PM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

WOW, the horse racing stuff sounds like so much fun, coturnix! I have only worked at a race track as a groom and stall mucker. But I still loved it anyway.

GrrlScientist

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home