Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Seven Times Seven Meme

Coturnix and Philaelaethes both nailed me with a meme. I think this is part of their grand distraction project.



Seven Things To Do Before I Die

    1. visit my birds' relatives in the wild in the islands of the south Pacific Ocean
    2. see a live wild Ivory-billed Woodpecker (this was a good guess, Coturnix)
    3. go to the moon
    4. finish writing that book (well .. those books that I am writing. On second thought, this ought to instead go into the next category; things I cannot do)
    5. fall in love with a person who will love me back
    6. clone a velociraptor
    7. find a real job in my field, you know, one that pays a living wage along with benefits



Seven Things I Cannot Do

    1. find a real job, you know, one that pays a living wage and benefits and doesn't involve shoveling shit
    2. forgive george bush for being such a bullying dumbshit
    3. write my name in the snow in pee
    4. get paid a living wage to write my blog
    5. reverse my looong run of bad luck
    6. author a paper that is published in either Nature or Science
    7. stop buying books



Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging

    1. writing about really cool topics for an appreciative audience
    2. pretending that I am as articulate, thoughtful and knowledgeable in real life as I appear here
    3. I am treated with more respect and kindness in the blogosphere than in real life
    4. the occa$ional donation make$ it worth it
    5. the writing
    6. the formatting
    7. my readers



Seven Things I Say Most Often

    1. what the fuck? [because I rarely scream at people when I am angry, I use this as my verbal cue, instead]
    2. I prefer cash
    3. I got a PhD so I can do what?
    4. what are you doing, Zazu?
    5. I don't know
    6. no, thanks; I'm not interested
    7. thank you for your feedback [I hope you become mired in the same hell that I am in right now, you mean-spirited jackass]



Seven Books That I Love (How about authors I love, instead?)




Seven Movies That I (would if I could) Watch Over and Over Again

    1. Snow Falling On Cedars
    2. Schindler's List
    3. The Thomas Crown Affair (the version with Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo)
    4. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the version with Gene Wilder)
    5. Children of a Lesser God
    6. The complete Lord of The Rings Series
    7. Presumed Innocent



Seven People I Want To Join In Too

    1. Philaelaethes, who I learned has a nice wife as well as a nice ass and he already tagged me with this same meme earlier!
    1. PZ, whom I admire greatly but who will probably ignore this silliness anyway wow, I can't believe it, but he answered it (thanks to his desire to procrastinate from his grading angst)
    2. Sailing Muffin, a friend who is new to blogging but who is preparing to set out on a grand adventure of a lifetime
    3. Dr. Fluffy Jones, another friend who is new to blogging but who is one of the most extraordinary young poets alive today
    4. James, because I miss hearing from him
    5. Chris, whom I admire greatly and who might indulge me this
    6. Black Rat, cuz you will have answered one of the things I wonder about you by answering this meme
    7. Rexroth's Daughter, because I can't believe that you haven't been nailed two dozen times already with this meme already tagged, too.
    7. Dr. Charles, who will give me an elegant answer



tags: ,

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

8 Peer Reviews:

Blogger Phila said...

I tagged you with this yesterday! Hmmph.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Thank you. Very cool. I should have thought about going to space - I'd be scared, but I still would like to try.

3:17 AM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

Phila sorry about that. i forgot it was you who tagged me. but at least i was thinking of you! i am curious to learn more about that neon pink nudi that you posted on friday, is there any way that you can learn more about it (and of course, tell us about it)?

coturnix one of the people i tagged is preparing to sail around the world with her husband. i was surprised to learn that i was more afraid to do that than i am to go to the moon. weird, huh?

GrrlScientist

6:44 AM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I'm going to do it for you and Old White Lady. Our motto has been: Our blog is where memes go to die. But for you and OWL, I'll comply. Thats bloggy love!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Phila said...

I'm just teasing you! As for the nudi, I'll see what I can figure out. I've the genus name, at least, on the tip of my tongue...

BTW, I wish some of your answers weren't so sad. Speaking as one melancholic to another, you worry me sometimes!

1:26 PM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

RD; heehee

Phila; thanks for the impending nudi info. by the way, i'd sure like that neon pink one on my desktop, along with several others i'd also like on my desktop, too. i don't suppose you have bigger pictures for them laying around?

Chris; i knew you would come through for moi again: you always have in the past, although i can't figure out why.

GrrlScientist

8:09 PM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

Wise Crow; the bracketed phrase is only what you are allowed to think .. you cannot say it outloud or .. you lose!!

GrrlScientist

1:00 PM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

paging Dr. Charles, paging Dr. Charles! report to the meme counter immediately! someone is having a meme attack!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home