Sunday, April 17, 2005

Grand Rounds Appeal for Submissions (pretty please?)

This week's Grand Rounds is shaping up slowly .. very slowly. Too slowly in fact! I have received only four submissions so far so I am getting very nervous! Please

email links to me at yahoo

(GrrlScientist AT yahoo) for your wonderful, gross, heartrending, heartwarming, funny or medically correct stories so I can include them in this Tuesday's Grand Rounds. Please get your links emailed to me before 9pm EST, although I will accept them after that, if I am still alive and connected to a computer. But the sooner that you get your links to me, the happier I will be because I am fighting some sort of evil feverish aching sickness that has stopped my own writing efforts, thus, it is likely that I will not be able to contribute any of my own material to this week's effort.

So, this is an emergency! Calling all blogging doctors, nurses, medical scientists and other medical peeps, please make this poor, sick girl feel better by contributing your experiences to this week's Grand Rounds!

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

1 Peer Reviews:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time here. OK, let me get this straight. You are a PhD-qualified scientist, and you haven't been able to get a job after searching for 1 and a half YEARS? In the grand ol US of A? Holy cow. That's just so wrong! My best wishes go out to you, hope you land one soon.

Presumably you've tried at every single university/college with a department in your field (and closely related fields), across the country. Have you considered working abroad? I am not in your field, so I don't have a clue about the opportunities, but maybe you could pick something up in european institutions/ scandinavia, etc?

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all the best. Take care and get well soon. And oh yeah, hope grand rounds submissions are pilling in too!

PS. Good blog.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home