Saturday, October 15, 2005

Breaking Science News

The 2005 IG Nobel Prize for Medicine was awarded to Neuticles inventor Gregg Miller. Harvard University's top prize was awarded to Miller during ceremonies held Oct 6, 2005 in Cambridge, Mass. "Today... over 150,000 dogs, cats, horses and bulls have been 'Neuticled' in all 50 states and in 47 countries worldwide without a single complication. Caring pet owners now have an option when altering. Many are pet owners that simply would not neuter before - and as a result - pet overpopulation is being reduced and happier, healthier pets are a part of loving families worldwide. And it all started with a Bloodhound named Buck," said Miller to the cheering 3700 people in attendence.

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

5 Peer Reviews:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neuticles. Ah, things like this keep me coming back.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Interesting...now when I finlly get my new dog...will keep this in mind.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

By the way, I just noticed your new 'about me' photo. I like the dye job, but aren't you putting on little weight?

7:57 AM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

Bill; thanks, I aim to please!

Tabor; this leads me to ask, are neuticles for the benefit of the dog or the owner, who looks at the dog's butt while walking him three times per day? Incidentally, I am glad that you like my new owl-y autumn look. I already have selected the next "about me" photo" but haven't decided when to install it yet.

GrrlScientist

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the IG Nobel prize? Neuticles sounds like such an "uncommon" idea to a common problem!

Perhaps the folks sitting in Sweden will give prizes only to those who can come up with inventions that will take me a year to understand...now Neuticles, that I understood within a minute :-)

NS, Castor Oil

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home