Saturday, November 12, 2005

Wonders




This image was made by my blog pal, Tabor, who saw the earlier message I'd published here where I lamented the lack of birds in this nearly perfect streaming commercial. I think she made this image to amuse me.

She succeeded. She also made me wonder.

Where does Tabor find the time to invest in creating an image for a person she's never met? Tabor is a busy person with a real life; she has a loving husband, two kids, a grandbaby, and a fulltime job in addition to building her retirement home and drinking fine wine! And she has a blog full of funny essays about her life. And she still manages to do little things for strangers like me.

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

4 Peer Reviews:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I don't know where she found the time, but I am so glad she did! That's a great image, Tabor, and I'm going to have to check out your blog. Wonderful.
Thanks for sharing it, grrlscientist.

10:52 AM  
Blogger : Joseph j7uy5 said...

Sometimes an artist just has to take the inspiration she finds, even if the source is a stranger. Not that you are a stranger, exactly, but apparently you know each other only through blogging.

It was a nice thing for her to do, and it was a nice thing for you to acknoweldge that. That kind of reciprocal interaction is good for society, as well as benefitting both individuals.

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a perfectly good explanation for the seemingly magical finding of time for said (fantastic) image. see photoshop is fun. all work done in photoshop is work and therefor supercedes other tasks. when said other tasks are less fun than photoshop (which they most likely are) photoshop time will be prioritised even more. it's sort of like how you always find the time to clean when you should be writing a paper.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

I must admit that it took very little time and work on my part and it was the very least I could do for someone who has opened a larger world to me.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home