Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tangled Bank is available

The Tangled Bank (TB) issue #41 was published today. I am not a contributor to this issue because I wanted to have an essay of mine nominated by someone else -- just once!! -- and I was hoping that someone would nominate my island birds essay. I was hoping this because PZ had admired it so openly on his blog, and had mentioned that it should be included in this issue of TB. So I apologize to my colleagues for letting my own silly wishes to supercede the importance of promoting their work. Certainly, I have been promoting this essay (their work) to every venue possible, but I wanted just this one venue -- the most obvious one of them all -- to be my first ever essay nomination. Alas, I will have to wait for that elusive nomination.

Anyway, I mention TB here not because I wanted to tell you that embarassing story (I merely offer it as an explanation for my bad behavior), but because I encouraged a blog pal to contribute his work to TB. This friend of mine is a freelance journalist who lives in London, and writes "behind the scenes" stories of his journalistic adventures and publishes them on his blog. This story, The Cup Runneth Over, is the one that I encouraged him to submit to this issue of TB, and they accepted it!

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

2 Peer Reviews:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you should take it personally. I believe that the vast majority of TB submissions are author-nominated; there just isn't much of a tradition of nominating other authors' works. Note, for example, that rather than nominating your friend's story, you yourself encouraged him to submit it on his own behalf.

5:01 PM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

Mayber I am the champion nominator out here; I nominate anywhere from one to ten essays for most issues of TB. I guess I was hoping that someone would find something I'd written to be as interesting as I'd found other people's pieces and nominate me.

I guess you can think of it as another one of my failed experiments.

To respond to your comment; I was going to nominate my friend's essay but thought that it might be more fun for him to submit it himself.

GrrlScientist

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home