Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Movie of My Life

The Movie Of Your Life Is A Black Comedy

In your life, things are so twisted that you just have to laugh.
You may end up insane, but you'll have fun on the way to the asylum.

Your best movie matches: Being John Malkovich, The Royal Tenenbaums, American Psycho


Of course, I've never seen any of these movies, so you'll have to tell me, dear readers -- are they are good? What are they about?

==============

© 2004, 2005, 2006 by GrrlScientist

9 Peer Reviews:

Blogger jamie said...

Oh! Go watch Being John Malkovich and The Royal Tenenbaums, now! Being John Malkovich is about just that, though not really, and Malkovich is one of the best actors ever.

4:57 PM  
Blogger : Joseph j7uy5 said...

Malkovich is a good actor, if you can overlook his insufferable narcissism. I started to watch the movie but couldn't finish it for that reason. The others I have not seen.

I think GrrlScientist should make her own movie. I would even pay to see it, if it had a scene with an Ivory-billed Woodpecker sighting.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Alon Levy said...

I'd pay to see Hedwig's movie, IBWO or no IBWO. The important bits are her life and her life struggles, not her birds.

I got black comedy too, though I've never seen any of these movies, either. But if Pulp Fiction is a black comedy then I know how the genre works.

11:38 AM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

Jamie; I will be looking for it at the local library, where I pick up DVDs to watch on my laptop. I recently saw Adaptation and if I recall correctly, the opening of that film was on the set of Being John Malkovich. I still can't figure out why they started Adaptation out that way, nor why they used Being John Malkovich instead of some other film. But oh well.

Joseph; I have no idea how I might have a shot of the IBWO in my life movie, since I've never seen the live bird myself, but if I did, there would be much weeping from joy along with few, if any, coherent sentences, if I wrote that scene as true-to-life. Although, the audience might forgive me for exercising some editorial freedom by rewriting reality so my character might make some sort of articulate, pithy and thoughtful statement, instead of ruining her make-up.

Alon; aw, you are just so sweet to me. Thank you.

I actually have not written here about most of my struggles, although I sometimes allude to them on my private blog, and I often feel bad that I am not doing so. It sometimes feels disingenuous to present myself as writing about what it's like to be a scientist when in fact, I am too afraid at this time to really tell some of my stories.

However, I might become a little bolder soon. I have a mysterious little secret that, if it works out, could reward greater risk taking on my part. I will reveal everything regarding my little secret by the 15th of December at the latest, regardless of how it all turns out, maybe sooner. If I know how this particular story ends by the end of this week (a possibility), then I'll tell you the story sooner. If my little secret doesn't work out in a positive way, then I'll still tell you about it because it'll interesting.

But I think it'll work out. *crosses fingers*

GrrlScientist

1:39 PM  
Blogger ScienceWoman said...

Apparently I'm an erotic thriller...hmmm I wonder what that implies. Anyways, on the topic of movies, I'd like to know what you thought of the new Harry Potter. I gave it a quick review on my blog

1:41 PM  
Blogger GrrlScientist said...

ScienceWoman; i wish the movie of my life could be an erotic thriller, i am bummed that it isn't. whatever it implies, it's got to be better than a black comedy.

truth to tell, i have not yet seen HP4 because i am trying to finish several essays that i am writing. i told myself that i will go see HP4 after i have finished them, but this is probably a mistake since i am probably spending as much time talking to people about their reactions to the film as i would spend simply watching it myself.

so it goes ..

GrrlScientist

4:54 PM  
Blogger LaTina said...

i, too, am a black comedy. it's not so bad. i don't hate life.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

I saw the Malkovich movie, interesting but complicated. The American Psycho is one of the few terror movies I couldn't stop watching, probably because the actor was so good. I don't think you fit either of these, from the little I know of your challenging childhood and current life. I'll have to think. (You know, the Harry Potter movies of a youth overcoming the challenges of a lack of a normal family life and facing the challenges of his career might not be far off the mark!)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Well, I just took the challenge and find that I am also a black comedy. I think this little test needs some tweaking big time.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home